Wednesday, August 18, 2010

In Yaounde

I am in Yaounde, just arrived on the train this morning, for Agroforestry Steering Committee meeting and then the Close of Service Conference. I can't believe it is already that time of our service! I am looking forward to seeing everyone in my group, for the first time, maybe since March 2009?

Thankfully, it rained the day before I left post. It had drizzled on and off for the past month, but we actually hadn't gotten a real farming rain for over a month and a half, July 8th being the last one. So that was very bad, especially for the middle of rainy season, and people were watching corn and peanuts and millet start to dry up in the fields. But it did finally rain, and average rain, and so hopefully saving most of the crops. I hope it rains a lot in my village while I'm down here, for crops and for trees planted.

No comments: