Friday, August 6, 2010

Health Center Moringa Paintings


Here are some wall paintings I did as part of Moringa education for the women at my local health center. Months back I gave presentations on the benefits of it, along with one of the local doctors Samual, during the prenatal counseling and infant vaccination days. Now, I painted the various parts of the presenation on the walls so that the women can see the pictures and connect it to the presentation. The actual painting took about 6-7 sessions. I would go on the prenatal counseling day and so the women would be gathered while I worked on it. That gave another audience and I could explain what exactly I was working on, and do the lesson again. My favorite part was that often I would explain it to one or two women and continue on, and then I could hear them teaching the other women as they came up. Also, the doctor who I worked with originally, would come around and give the lesson while the women were gathered. Visual aids are so powerful, and an incredible tool here, incredibly loved by everyone!






















No comments: