Friday, May 29, 2009

Sing then, but keep going

The past few days have been difficult, difficult emotionally, missing friends and family, difficult work-wise wondering if all our efforts mean anything, wondering about fitting into a community and not feeling appreciated and so on. Its been a hard week. I have been listening over and over to a beautiful song my friend Adam Johnston wrote, which is on his cd Songs for Advent, that his wife Tiara sent me. And it has been sustaining me some, which is wonderful, and for which I am very thankful.

Sing on earth in anticipation of the life to come.
Sing as wayfarers on a journey, yet still looking home.


Sing while facing your enemy, sing while losing a friend
Sing while living in anxiety, for these days soon shall end.


Sing as those who are destined to die, sing in hope that you'll live.
Sing to lighten the labors of life, sing with nothing to give.


Alleluia

No comments: