Thursday, May 7, 2009

new kitty

So a few weeks ago I added a new animal to my new household. A kitten, as of yet, unnamed. I had wanted a girl kitty and had a name picked out, but when I got "her" home, lo and behold the female I was given was not a female. So I still don't know what to call him. Just Kitty. Or Patou, in fulfulde/mafa "cat". Other possible name: Kosam (sammy)=milk in fulfulde. Most of the cats in MK are white or white with black spots. He is all white with electric blue eyes.

While I prefer female cats, he is very very affectionate, likes to cuddle and purrs a lot, and from day 1 used his litter box in the house; and I have to say when the first night he accompanied me out to the latrine and proceeded to catch and eat 3 cockroaches running around, he was fine by me. Pretty whiney though, wanting to be fed at all times--I should look up the fulfulde name for whineypants....Leila enjoys keeping him in her mouth and gnawing on his legs.




No comments: