Thursday, December 10, 2009

Yaounde again

I am in the country capital again, this time for Mid Service, which is made up mainly of medical exams complete with running to the lab across town with a paper bag concealing a cup of certain substances, as well as meeting with various administration members to talk about concerns, progress, etc one year into service. This trip I did not really want to come down here. I didn't want to leave post, and I didn't want to spend time in Yaounde. We finished up our duties on Wednesday and now I'm hoping to escape to Kribi for the weekend (if i can find other volunteers to go with me!) and come back on Monday for a Best Practices presentation, before heading back up north Monday night. I haven't yet decided where I will be spending Christmas, Ngoundere, Maroua and my village being the options. I hope you all are well and enjoying the cold weather. Ngoundere was COLD!

1 comment:

Rick and Nancy said...

Your photos made me so happy-- especially the one with you in it! And of course, the interior of your house and finally, the beautiful children. Today I bought a small carved hippopotamus to put on the Christmas tree to remind me of you!
Love, Mom