Sunday, February 20, 2011

Going away party

Wednesday I had going away party at the Alliance Franco-Camerounaise. I invited all my closest or most important friends from Mafa Kilda, Israel, Garoua, Ngong, and Langui. I think there were about 45 people who ended up coming, with only a couple of absenses! While, of course, the woman who I asked to cook, arrived over an hour late with the food, and I felt like it was kind of a bomb, I think everyone else really enjoyed it, and it did mean a lot to me to get to see everyone and give everyone a good meal, to thank them for their friendship and work over the past few years. The menu: rice and tasbah, plantains and some cabbage carrot salad (supposed to be legumes sautes), and follere juice. I had my paintings up as well, which was nice to get to show them for a week there. We took tons of photos after the meal, all identical me with each person, a bit repetative, but hey. Here's a few.


My homestay brother Abdu and homestay mom Aisatou


My homestay dad Ibrahima

Therese from WWF and her friend (and their gift of peanuts)



Hapsatou, Daly's wife

Peace Corps staff: Bubakary, Aboubakary, Amadou Toukour, and Issa Maman

I love this photo! Nguizaye Rebecca with Ndel Na Rachel

The whole family from Mafa Kilda, with Kelly and Me

No comments: