Wednesday, June 9, 2010

a look at my visit home

Well I'm getting ready to go to bed the day before I leave to go back to Cameroon, so I thought I'd share some of my highlights of my visit home for two weeks. It certainly was a packed and scheduled time!



Sunday morning: stop in at Peace Hill, my church through college, for the service and potluck lunch afterwards. So great to see everyone, as well as get the garden tour from Jessie!



Sunday-Tuesday: Continue on down to the Outer Banks, visit to Corolla for the day, seeing old coworkers, (lifeguards and Wildlife Center) as well as old friends was wonderful! And we were blessed with such wonderful weather!



Tuesday night: early 80th birthday party for my grandfather, with our extended family (i.e. aunt, uncle, cousins)


Wednesday:


Wednesday-Friday: my grandfather and Uncle drove down from New York to visit. And of course excellent highlight of Golden Corral (or the Golden Trough. My Grandpa's choice!)


Thursday visit to Downtown mall with my Uncle

night: pick-up soccer with Claire's friends!


Friday afternoon: Lunch with Mary Seay, at the Inn at Court Square, hang out with claire, help her pick up some of her kids from school in the big bus to take them to their afterschool program; drive to Richmond for rehersal dinner for my cousins wedding. Really special coming home with them, spending the night at my aunt and uncle's house with my three cousins, talking with Jessie before falling asleep.


Saturday: morning, getting up, family time, getting ready for the wedding alltogether. Time for pictures, meeting people at the church, thoughts about weddings and marriage. Great time after the wedding, with the young folks, talking for a little bit longer

Sunday: morning: drive back to Charlottesville, and to Trinity Pres. for church with Claire.

Afternoon: high school graduation party for family friend, in Staunton.

Evening: three of my best friends from college come to visit, spend the night, talk/cry through the night. (of course!) It was soooo nice to get to see them, and be together. So incredibly spiritually refreshing and I feel so blessed for their visits.

Monday: Morning: walk in Ivy Creek Natural area with friends and visit to Splintered light bookstore at UVa Center for Christian Study. Drive to Orange where I met up with my dad at his work, to drive back with him, through beautiful Orange and Albemarle Counties at the end of the day.

Evening--party thrown by my sister at her house, so I could meet all of her awesome friends, and see a few of my friends from high school. Again, Jeff, Matt, Katelyn and Claire and I, laughing until the wee hours of the night, really did my soul good. I don't remember when I laughed like that in the past few years!

Tuesday: visit with some of the neighbors; lunch date with my mother and her friend at the Batesville country store! More visiting with neighbors after.

Watching Bad Hair with Katelyn at night!

Wednesday: date with mom going to Harrisonburg, for lunch at the tea house and visit to the quilt museum, then last minute shopping for gifts. Thankfully, all home for the evening.


very restful? no. tiring? yes. I probably would have opted for a little less activity, however I feel blessed to have been able to see so many people, see such beautiful scenery and have such great weather. And eat good food! A very good visit. Everything about it was wonderful.

No comments: