Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Food

So one of the most frequent questions I got from Volunteers in Cameroon as well as people at home was : What food are you going to eat? What will be your first meal? So I figured I'd record everything I ate during my two weeks at home. I recorded through the first week, and the second week will be up to my feeble memory!

Ok Here it is. A list of my meals for my time home!

Friday Night

Got home in the evening, people were tired, so yes, first meal was Pizza, eating out in Charlottesville.

Saturday
french toast for breakfast

brocolli and chedder and swiss cheese quiche made by my sister for dinner--delicious!

Sunday

lunch at Peace Hill after church, so that means big potluck; i had some great baked beans, pasta, salad, banana creme pie, chocolate covered strawberries

On the way down to the beach

dinner at Nags Head Pier--seafood (yes fried) shrimp, trout, hushpuppies

Monday

Breakfast--Dunkin Donuts...and leftover seafood

Lunch--Cosmos veggie pizza in Corolla

Dinner--Veggie sub with eggplant, tomato, pesto, feta and provolone cheese, toasted, at Tomato Patch in Corolla

Tuesday
Breakfast--leftover sub
Lunch--Pauls Deli in Williamsburg, driving back home to C'ville, 3 cheese melt with pickles (I miss pickles!) and Root Beer
Also earlier, a peanut butter milkshake from Sonic
Dniner-- Early 80th birthday dinner for my granddad in C'ville; lobster, corn bisque and garden salad with raspberry vinaigrette--so-so. German chocolate cake at home

Wednesday
Breakfast--Cereal
Lunch--Thai food with Claire: Pad Pak Jae--Tofu, veggies, mushrooms, sprouts, peanut sauce. mmmm
Dinner--grill out with grandfather and Uncle from New York, fresh corn, leftover Thai food, rest of the family had chicken?

Thursday
breakfast--
lunch--my grandfather and uncle came down from New York, my uncle made us poached eggs (my favorite) and toast for my grandfather, himself and me, while we were home alone
dinner--it was Golden Corral for dinner, yes indeedy (my grandfather's favorite).

Friday
breakfast--
lunch-- Inn at Court Square with Mary Seay, chilled curried sweet potato soup and salad with chevre cheese, absolutely delicious
dinner--rehersal dinner for wedding; my aunt ginny's homemade lasagne, salad, strawberry cheesecake

Saturday
breakfast--pancakes at the greenes
lunch--some sandwhich at church, getting ready for the wedding
dinner--wedding reception food

Sunday
breakfast--
lunch/dinner--variety cookout food at family friend's high school graduation party (mac and cheese, veggies, fruit, pie, cookies)
at night--hot fudge chocolate sauce over ice cream

Monday
breakfast--
lunch--packed sandwhiches for picnic at Ivy Creek Natural Area
dinner--mexican food
post-dinner--party at my sisters house, more food, chocolate eclaire cake, watermelon, strawberries and whipped cream


Tuesday
breakfast--
lunch--date with my mom and Libby Hedstrom at the Batesville Country Store; falafal sandwich with hummus and good ice cream with toppings afterwards.
dinner--quiche again (this time mom's one, spinach? I can't remember)

Wednesday
breakfast--
lunch--date with Mom to harrisonburg, Tea House, delicious salad, cheese scone and Lavender, Mint White Tea
More ice cream at Batesville Country Store on the way back home
dinner--


I also ate tons of Cherries, Strawberries, and cheese, which I miss more than anything! The only thing we didn't get to was the buffet at the Indian restaurant, but there just weren't enough meals!!! Still, with all that eating, I don't think I gained my goal of 10 pounds! Sad. If only I'd have two more weeks of non-stop eating.

No comments: