Sunday, October 25, 2009

Birthday

view of morning painting site

Thank you to everyone for all the birthday wishes. In the morning I went to Garoua and chose a spot after the bridge with a good view of the Benoue river and hills behind it for a painting session. It was the first time I got to use my oil paints I got in Yaounde and on a canvas a friend here made for me, and that 1 and 1/2 hours of painting was so wonderful. I would have forced myself to stay longer and keep at it, but it was getting too hot. So next time. In the afternoon attempted to climb a big mountain we always passed between Nassarao and Pitoa. I think we would have made it to the top (we were soooo close!) but a thunderstorm came up on all sides and had to sit crouched in an alcove for an hour for it to stop, and then get down the mountain again before it got dark. Next time...After the hike, just too tuckered out to go out on the town dancing. think I went to bed at 7:30? Miss everyone at home though, and would have loved to have my birthday there!





after the rain storm. we were high up there!!! that mountain range across the way is where my village is, behind some of those mountains. Garoua is to the right out of the photo.

No comments: