Saturday, June 27, 2009

So driving in the car today....

So this morning I took a car to Nakong, to the market, with a box of 5 mangos to plant at a Foulbe Ladde school. At some point along the bumpy road, with two people in the front passenger seat and four of us in the back, the driver turned around to hand a handle, a handle of the car for manually rolling up and down the window. He said something with the word jipugo in it, meaning to get down. The guy in the back said "Mi jipinan, na?" something along the lines of "I throw out, let it out, put it down." And I thought he was told to throw it out the window which he had just rolled down. And then, instead of throwing it out, he passed it to the lady on the other side of me. It was then returned to the driver. And I realized it was the communal handle, one handle in the car that was passed around to roll down peoples windows. I started laughing when I realized that, as I found it so funny, and thought I'd share that smile with you guys.

No comments: