Tuesday, December 23, 2008

December 4th Swearing in

Swearing in was held in Pitoa on December 4th. It was recorded and apparently on national television, although I haven’t seen it! I wish so much you all could access is somewhere, that it would be on the internet, but don’t think that’s going to happen. I think there is a website connected to the US Embassy website, just for the Grand North Peace Corps, and I’m sure there would be photos on there if you wanted to check it out. The Ambassador came, the Governor of the North, the Prefet of the Benoue district, and many many other officials, all who arrived in a cavalcade of posh cars. Our host families came, which was wonderful, and the ceremony was very enjoyable, at least for me. It was very official and formalized, followed by a meal with our host families at a local bar in Pitoa, which was nice, but ended up being much shorter than I had anticipated, as families tended to leave as soon as the food was finished.

No comments: